First-year students, sophmores, and fist-semester transfer students are invited to ballot for enrollment in Spring 2018 First-Year Writing Seminars. FWS Balloting begins on Wednesday, November 8 at 9:00 am and ends on Sunday, November 12 at 11:59 pm.
- Spring 2018 First-Year Writing Seminar Brochure available online on November 6, 2017.
- FWS Balloting from November 8, 2017 at 9:00 am to November 12, 2017 at 11:59 pm.
- FWS assignments available on Student Center on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
Electronic Add/Drop for FWS starts Friday, January 19, 2018. *This date applies to freshmen, sophomores, and first-semester transfer students.
- Classes begin Wednesday, January 24, 2018.
- Electronic Add ends Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
The John S. Knight Institute for Writing in the Disciplines offers First-Year Writing Seminars (FWS) in one of the oldest and most interdisciplinary undergraduate writing programs in the world: each semester, more than 100 different courses are taught in more than 30 departments and programs located in the humanities, social sciences, expressive arts, and sciences. Over 3,000 students from across the university enroll each year in First-Year Writing Seminars that often have the most diverse mix of students offered at the university, with small classes no larger than 16 or 17 students, from all seven colleges.
Click here to view all First-Year Writing Seminars available for Spring 2018.