You are here
Resources for Writers
Need some help with a particular writing issue but don't have time for a tutoring appointment? Or, maybe you'd like a refresher on the elements of academic writing? Check out some of the below resources!
The following handouts are overviews of specific writing issues that many writers often struggle with. The handouts offer an overview of good practice, examples, templates and other types of writerly advice!
- Developing Strong Thesis Statements
- Better Organization: Essays that Flow (coming soon)
- Introductions & Conclusions
- Developing an Academic Argument (coming soon)
- Incorporating Sources (coming soon)
- Evaluating Sources (coming soon)
- Writing Personal Statements & Application Essays
- Developing Cohesion
Online Writing Resources
For citations and grammar, we often turn to the web. These are some of our favorite websites for writers:
- MLA in-text citations and works cited
- APA in-text citations and reference list
- Chicago Style notes and bibliography
Writing with sources:
- Cornell's Code of Academic Integrity
- Recognizing and Avoiding Plagiarism Tutorial
- Guide to Citation of Sources (APA and MLA)
Don't see a resource for a specific writing issue you're struggling with? Email Kate Navickas, WC Director. Kate and the tutors are always in the process of developing writing resources and revamping old ones, and they love suggestions!