Graduate Writing Service@Cornell
FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS, POST-DOCS, AND FACULTY
- Dissertation chapters
- Seminar papers
- Research proposals
- Conference presentations
- Professional articles
- Job letters
- Teaching philosophies
- Teaching materials (syllabi, writing assignments & lesson plans)
- Strategies for responding to student writing
GWS tutors -- experienced writers and teachers of writing from multiple disciplines -- are available to work with Cornell graduate students, post-docs, and faculty to refine and develop strategies for drafting and revising writing projects and teaching materials.
REMOTE-ACCESS TUTORING | Writers and teachers of writing can schedule 30- or 60-minute online appointments (using a video and messaging platform). Tutors can also provide written feedback on drafts through our eTutoring system.
Schedule appointments @ https://cornell.mywconline.com
Meet our tutors @ https://knight.as.cornell.edu/gws-tutoring-staff
During a GWS session, tutors may help writers to:
- get started with writing projects and teaching artifacts by brainstorming organizational schemes, evaluating materials, defining research questions.
- explore ways to shape coherent arguments, make strong use of evidence, work with appropriate citation conventions.
- consider questions about depth of analysis, organization, thesis statements, paragraph development, audience expectations, style, sentence structure.
- identify patterns of error in grammar or usage in order to develop effective strategies for line editing.