Multilingual Writing Support
You are here
Multilingual Writing Mentors and Tutors have been trained to consider writing and language from the perspectives of language acquisition and cultural expectations. They serve as responsive listeners and readers who can address questions about the writing process or particular pieces of writing. They may also suggest on-going strategies to help writers succeed in the American academic writing context. Services offered include:
- Writing Tutorials for students seeking occasional one-on-one meetings with tutors. Students can drop in for an appointment with a Multilingual Writing Tutor, or visit our online scheduling site to make appointments using the schedule titled "Multilingual Writing Tutorials."
- Writing Mentors for students needing on-going weekly support. Students can apply for a mentor by contacting Knight Institute Multilingual Writing Specialist Jessica Sands.
- Writing Workshops for students interested in group activities on concision, clarity, and using articles. Students can sign up for workshops on our online scheduling site by selecting the schedule titled "Multilingual Writing Workshops."
Drop in at any one of our 5 locations, or Schedule An Appointment online.
- Rockefeller Hall, Room 178
Monday - Thursday 7pm-10pm
- Carol Tatkon Center, Room 3335
- Uris Library, Room 108
- Noyes Recreation Sky Lounge
Mondays and Thursdays 7pm-9pm
- Martha Van Rensselaer Hall (speaking support)