We are quickly approaching the mid-term peak. This is a great time to ask your FWS students for feedback, to consider how you might support a student who is struggling, and to re-examine learning goals as to you reach for the end of the semester and final writing projects.
- FWS MID-TERM EVALUATIONS | You will find, in the Indispensable Reference for Teachers of First-Year Writing Seminars, a sample FWS Mid-Term Evaluation that asks students to consider what they find most and least successful, interesting, effective, and pleasurable about the course. Here are some ways that you might collect such information from students:
- Students “take stock” together in an open whole class discussion (possibly preceded by a free write and/or small group discussion)
- Students take stock together using a real time poll (raising hands, Poll Everywhere, Mentimeter)
- Students complete an anonymous survey (Canvas quiz/survey tool, Survey Monkey, Qualtrics)
- Students write a reflection and submit as an Assignment (just for you) or on a Discussion Board or GoogleDoc (shared with all class participants)