Check out the KNIGHTLYnews: Notes from the FWS Classroom, an online forum for FWS instructors and other teachers of writing to swap and share ideas for best classroom practice.
Weekly posts are designed to help teachers develop lesson plans and writing assignments, and respond to classroom challenges by introducing new teaching tools and sharing emerging pedagogical ideas. Posts also direct readers to program and campus resources that support teaching and learning, and provide opportunities for peer collaboration and mentorship.
To share your ideas, contact Tracy Hamler Carrick.
- Student Support in Response to Trauma
- Academic Integrity & Preventing Plagiarism
- Kaur's Revolutionary Love in the Wake of Atlanta Shootings
- Resources on Sourcework
- Feeling Zoomed out?
FWS instructors can find additional and more comprehensive support for their teaching, here:
- FWS Instructor Sandbox Find here pedagogical resources that can help you develop an online platform for your FWS -- whether you are interested in building a remote-access, fully online course or in simply developing a robust Learning Management System (LMS) to support multimodal instruction for an in-person or hybrid course. You'll find start-up tips and guidelines for recommended digital tools, links to campus and Knight Institute resources, videos of teaching demonstrations and workshops, and detailed lesson plans and activities that you can import directly into your FWS Canvas site.
- Resources for Online Teaching website Find here details about our Fall 2020 FWS Instructor Workshop Series, archived videos and handouts from previous workshops, links to campus resources, and a bibliography of current websites, articles, and pedagogical and scholarly sources.